Friday, October 21, 2016

Day 12
Monday, September 19, 2016

With deepest humility I made the phone call to Dr. Jusino’s
office to report my broken bracket. There was no “scolding” for damaging my hardware in the first week and the entire team was more than reassuring that ‘stuff happens’. I didn’t feel so bad when Dr. Jusino told me he was expecting the bond on a totally different tooth would eventually break. 
Repairing the broken bracket required removal of the wire to be able to access the part to be replaced. Dr. Jusino does not simply re-use the broken bracket but places a completely new one to assure that it gets the best bond. I was in to see Dr. Jusino for the repair and back in my office in less than 45 minutes. (Ok, so my office is a short drive to Dr. Jusino’s and I did not have to fight traffic). 
The moral of this story is that I will be much more careful in the future. My porcelain crowns won’t hold a bonded bracket as well as a natural tooth so I will need to be more discerning about crunchy foods, like Oreo Thins!


No comments:

Post a Comment