Thursday, October 13, 2016

Day 5
Monday, September 12, 2016


It was back to the office today and lots of curiosity from patients about my new look. I never imagined that by undertaking orthodontics for my personal oral health it could be a motivator for my patients to more seriously consider it
for themselves. After thirty years of caring for people, most of who feel like family, I am always conscious of their changing dentition and gently suggest orthodontic treatment when it’s needed. Most of the time they laugh me off and say that they are too old. I can turn myself blue educating them on the long term benefits of a better bite and straight teeth as they transition into their Golden Years but it falls on deaf ears. Things are different all of a sudden now that I am ‘walking my talk’. It will be interesting to see if more adults are motivated to seriously pursue orthodontics when I recommend it. Because I refer to amazingly talented orthodontists like Dr. Jusino, there is no self-interest in the recommendation. I hope the story of my experience helps others!

No comments:

Post a Comment