Monday, November 28, 2016

Monday November 7, 2016
Middle of Week 9

       You may notice that I have given up counting 'days' for my blog entries and am now marking time by the number of weeks I have consumed in my journey through orthodontics. If I have 18-24 months of treatment ahead of me, that translates into 78-104 weeks. I think I'd rather start counting the weeks...I have lost count of the days.
Today was the day for my first wire change. I was pretty excited to see if Dr. Jusino was happy with the results so far AND to see if I got 5 STARS for my oral hygiene! The appointment was simple. Mary Margaret opened the 'doors' on the brackets, removed the wires and sent me to the brushing station for a much anticipated encounter with floss (unencumbered by the wires). That felt oh-so-good!
      Dr. Jusino's exam was thorough; he is a thinker and an anlyzer so while he was looking at the position of the teeth he didn't have many comments other than an occasional 'hmm...good... nice" etc. He directed Mary Margaret to put on a new,heavier wire. That process was very quick and I was on my way back to my own patients at the office ( I had blocked out an hour in my schedule for this appointment so no one was left waiting for me to return!). The entire appointment took less than 20 minutes.
      My only disappointment was that I didn't get "5 Stars" for my oral hygiene. Before I went to the appointment, I had one of my hygienists check the brackets and wires for any plaque or food debris that I had missed and she said everything sparkled and looked fantastic. She said the gum tissues looked great and there was no sign of inflammation or gingivitis. Well, I will keep trying for that "5 Star" rating!
     For those of you following this blog closely, the photo was taken October 30 at the Plymouth Wicked Halloween 10K run with my daughter, Meredith. Meredith 'ropes me into' these races thinking they will motivate her to train. The weather was awful and we ran most of the race in the pouring rain. As far as any effect on my braces? No problems!


No comments:

Post a Comment