Monday, February 13, 2017

Monday February 13, 2017
Week 23

Today I have a few random thoughts to share. The first is that as I continue to be diligent about wearing my elastics, my teeth continue to surprise me with their movement. I even had a couple of days last week when they were really sore, for no obvious reason. They were sore enough that I took 400 mg of ibuprofen and got plenty of relief.
The second thing to share is the improvement in my flossing efficiency. I have felt for several weeks that the process of feeding Superfloss under the arch wire between each tooth has become less time consuming. Last week I decided to time the process and was amazed at my speed. Check out the photo....it's legit and included a few additional seconds that were recorded while I fumbled with the phone to stop the timer. This is a huge improvement from mid November when was just under 6 minutes.
The last thing I want to share is how the elastics feel when I am training. My significant winter activity is US Masters Swimming, in the pool several time each week and competing on the occasional weekend.  February 4 I trained with my group from FAST (Ford Athletic Swim and Tri Club) for 90 minutes covering 2900 yards (that's about a mile and a half) and the following day I swam four events in a competition meet for another 1600 yards. With all that intense pool time and exposure to chlorine, I noticed the elastics started to squeak when I talked. Yes, I had been swapping out the spent elastics for new ones every 5-6 hours but I still had the squeak, though I was the only one who noticed. 
Mary Margaret at Dr. Jusino's office mentioned that other swimmers have commented in the past about squeaky

elastics while pool swimming and now I can add that experience to my journal of events during orthodontic treatment. In the photo above I am showing off four ribbons; a second place in the 500 yard freestyle and first place in the 100 yard breaststroke, 200 yard breaststroke and 200 yard backstroke. It is significant to note these are all age-group awards which is what I like best about Master's Swimming!

1 comment:

  1. Denteazee Dental Clinic is known for best experienced pediatric dentist in Chennai to make your kids comfortable on the dentist’s chair.
    Best Pediatric Dentist In Chennai, Best Pedodontist In Chennai

    ReplyDelete